Things I am grateful for today
1. I am glad that today is Day 366. I didn't stick to what I had envisioned and that was a GIST entry every day for a year. I tried. Oh, how I tried. But then life blew up in February and it seemed like I spent more time crying and trying to figure things out than I did doing anything else. It all worked out for the good but man, was it ever stressful and it didn't make me want to write. I did the same thing in 2009 when Chris shattered his leg. It seems to me that most people blog about their drama, major and minor and I end up shutting down and pretending I no longer exist.
2. There are only a few days of school remaining. I am so grateful because we all need a break. From the schedule of having to leave every day by 2 to pick up Elizabeth and get to work by 3 and all of the stress that comes with that. Plus, the last half of this school year has not been kind to any of us and I really believe that she needs a break more than anyone. I am really hoping the summer will be nice to us all and then we can start the 5th grade fresh and ready. With a new set of teachers who will perhaps erase the horribleness of the 4th grade teachers. And that is all I am going to say about that.
3. My long standing friendship has, for all intents and purposes, bit the dust. It was for the best. I know this. My heart knows this. It didn't make it hurt any less but I did understand which is a major step for me.
4. I have an appointment with my primary to discuss the depression. I can not stand to be like this any more and all of the stuff that has happened over the past several months has only served to drive me deeper into it. I have decided finally that I am very much worthy of some help and if medication/therapy will benefit me, then I am all for it.
5. I have learned to be proud of me. For standing up for myself. For standing up for my babies. For making my voice heard when others would have me silenced. I have done an admirable job of keeping things together. I deserve the pat on the back that I have given to myself. Enough said.