Things I am grateful for today
1. Today is National Coffee Day. If you went to any of the big coffee stores (Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, etc) they would give you a free small coffee. McDonald's, in having to do things differently, is giving away free coffee until the 3rd of October (also known in these parts as Chris's birthday.) Despite my well documented love of all things java, I have not and won't be partaking of any free coffee product from any location. Mostly because there are few coffee places that make coffee as good as I can make it myself. And also because there isn't a Starbucks or a Dunkin' Donuts around for miles and miles and more miles.
2. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. I was on the cancellation list because he didn't have any available appointments for a month so when they called me Thursday afternoon and said he had an opening for Friday at 9am, I took it without thinking twice. Fortunately I was off work on Friday. The appointment ended up taking way longer than normal. (Aside: When you are already behind schedule by your 3rd appointment of the day, you are doing something wrong. Or over-scheduling yourself. Or your front office is over-scheduling you. Point is that it is ridiculous.)
3. In the good news/bad news way that my doctor is famous for: Good news: My blood sugar is/has been/continues to remain under control. I have consistently had an a1C in the 6.0 - 6.5 range so he is super pleased with that and told me to stop testing so often. He is not so pleased with the stalled out weight loss and wanted to put me on a new drug that is a diabetes drug but also causes weight loss. I declined. His miracle diabetes drug of last caused thyroid problems. I don't want to be anyone's guinea pig anymore. My body likes the weight it is at and I feel pretty good. Bad news is I have a condition called hyperreflexia and apparently it is a brain/spinal cord combination isssue so he wants to do a lumbar puncture and a brain imaging to see what is going on in both of those regions. I am processing all the news, good and bad and will make some decisions soon.
4. Chris brought home the memory card from his trail camera last night and we went through all the pictures. The camera had been up just over 4 days and had 658 pictures on it, 521 of them had deer in the photos. This morning we sat and watched the slide show and I was completely entranced with the itty bitty baby deer that showed up in the photos.
5. I am at work and it has been a pretty good evening so far. I am hurting. I feel like I have the flu (which I probably will get now that I got a flu shot on Friday) and my nerves are all twitchy. I would really like to not get sick right now because Chris's birthday is coming up and I have a few days off from work.