Things I am grateful for today
1. The time I took off earlier this week was very beneficial for me. I got to get a lot of things done. I managed to get some decent sleep and I spent Chris's birthday on Thursday with him doing things he wanted to do (like run the rabbit dogs) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
2. I am grateful for a job that I genuinely like and am glad to return to after an extended break. The first two nights I was back, I sold out the hotel and people were pleasant and it was just nice to be back and busy. I don't know how I ever managed to stay home for so long. I like being home but if I had to do it all the time like I used to do, I would probably go completely crazy.
3. I had a multiple hour conversation with my sister one of the days of this week. We very rarely get to talk anymore so it was nice to be able to do that without having to watch the clock. Yesterday, she amused me by asking me what to do about a nail in her tire. "Should I pull the nail out?" I will probably always giggle when I think of that from now on.
4. The cooler air. It has been really nice, temperature wise, this past week. The nights are brisk and the early mornings hint at autumn. Also, the leaves are starting to change colors. It's time to get the camera out and start taking some pictures.
5. Elizabeth is off restriction. I came home from work Friday night and Chris had given her back her laptop and her phone and all of her privileges. She went to spend Saturday night with Brittney so I didn't see her before I went to work today. I'll peek in on her when I get home from work tonight.