Things I am grateful for today
1. This past week (the 17th) marked my fourth anniversary at my place of employment. I am lucky in that, not only did my boss give me a chance when many people wouldn't (reentering the work force after spending 14 years as a stay at home mom), this is a job I really, truly love. I didn't realize I would be so good at what I do when I first applied here and got hired. I started working here because Chris had shattered his leg and couldn't work and we needed an income only to discover that I enjoy what I am currently doing and I'm pretty damn good at it.
2. I was off yesterday and Elizabeth and I spent most of the day together. She was determined that I wasn't going to sleep until I was ready to get up. Instead, she started peering at me on the bed until I finally said "OK" and got out of it. We went shopping (for shoes and grocery and such) The shoe shopping was mostly fun. As with clothes, Elizabeth has no concept of sizes and just likes to browse until she sees something pretty!!!! at which point she gets annoyed when you tell her that it is either too big or too small for her. Surprisingly we found decent shoes that we could both agree on (after I made it clear that I wasn't spending any of the money on high heeled shoes) without wanting to strangle one another.
3. I got to cook supper last night, something I only get to do 2 nights a week at most. I made tortellini soup and oh my goodness, it was so good. We got garlic bread made by the bakery at the grocery store which I have decided is the best!garlic!bread!ever! I may never buy any other kind again.
4. I am at work now and it is steady enough that I am not twiddling my thumbs but not so busy that I can't breathe. Which is a good thing because there is no floater tonight so I'm having to do everything myself.
5. I finished the book I have been reading and I am ready to start a new one. I have two choices in my work bag or I could just hold off and read a magazine. I am grateful that over the past few months, I have rediscovered my love my books (and also grateful that Elizabeth has been bitten by the reading bug. To the tune of they had to have 30 AR points this nine weeks and she already has 86.)