Things I am grateful for today
1. Elizabeth snuggling up with me yesterday after her daddy left to go hunting. She didn't go this weekend (unusual) and when I woke up, she was asleep on his side of the bed. I tiptoed out of the room and she proceeded to sleep for almost 2 more hours. I love waking up to her snuggling though. I know it won't happen for much longer which is why I try to enjoy it while I can.
2. Busy days at work (and then a much needed slower one.) We had a full house all weekend, mostly church groups for the yearly pilgrimage. They are mostly well-behaved but can get loud as any large group of pre-teens and teenagers can be. Heck, even adults in large groups can be loud. I enjoy having them here every year even if some people (not associated with the group) act like they are here just to spite them. I think some adults forget what it was like when they had children or when they were children.
3. Having time to write even though it has meant that I have forgone reading most of this month.
4. My new scarves from Cato's. I don't typically shop at Cato's because while their stuff is gorgeous, it's also usually out of my price range. However, the other day I stopped in to browse because the mannequin in the window was wearing this gorgeous scarf and I left the store with 5 of them. I purchased different styles and colors so I could wear them with my work uniform and 2 specifically for coats once the weather stays cold enough for a coat.
5. White chocolate kit kats. This might be weird to be grateful for but I have the mini ones and they are just the right amount to cure my sporadic chocolate cravings.