Sunday, October 29, 2017
Sunday, October 22, 2017
Things I am grateful for today:
1. An unscheduled, unexpected day off. It has been a nice day & I have managed to get some things done.
2. Coffee time in the afternoon with my sister.
3. Fall is starting to arrive in the form of orange/gold/red leaves & cooler temperatures in the early mornings/evenings.
4. A big pot of chili in the crock pot for supper later tonight.
5. Random text messages through the course of the day from Chris. ❤️
Saturday, October 14, 2017
I find myself a bit anxious as today goes on. I'm not sure what has the anxiety increased; I only know that I really don't like it. I think it may have to do with Chris going on a work trip this next week but I'm not totally sure. Deep breathing exercises have helped some but there's still anxiety there. I'll get through it as I always do but it's disconcerting to feel this way without knowing the reason why.
Sunday, October 8, 2017
Thursday, October 5, 2017
I'm approximately 3 chapters from finishing A Game of Thrones. I went ahead and requested book 2 & 3 because once I got past the first few chapters in the first one, I flew through the rest of the book. I have tried to read the series at least 4 times and always get hung up on the size of the books without ever actually starting one. This time was different and I absolutely love the story and can't wait to continue it. I have not seen a single episode of the show so for me, it's unspoiled.
I'm looking forward to Saturday because I will have the day off from work. I have no idea what I plan to do yet but I'm sure part of it will include letting Elizabeth drive somewhere because she is all about the driving these days.
The rest of my book awaits.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
The news continues to be nothing but bad in the world. It's draining & depressing & sometimes, I just have to step away & regroup. A lot of people call that privilege to be able to do that & while I understand that it is a privilege to be able to shut down & not partake of what is going on in the world, it's also a form of self care. I can't be effective to anyone or anything if I don't take care of myself first. And so, that is what I will continue to unapologetically do.
Monday, October 2, 2017
I had different ideas for a post today but with all the horrific news in the world today, I decided to instead post a short gratitude list.
1. Baby hummingbirds have taken up residence in the flowering tree beside the shop & they are so adorable. And so tiny.
2. Elizabeth has driven a handful of times now & she is doing so very good with it. I am proud of her.
3. I made million dollar spaghetti for supper & it was amazing. Time consuming but amazing.
4. I got to spend some time with my sister this evening & as always, it was just what I needed after a trying day.
5. A phone call with both my best friend, April, and my mama today. I love them both dearly.
Sunday, October 1, 2017
It's been awhile since I have done one of these although my offline gratitude practice remains on point. In no particular order, here ar...