Thursday, November 30, 2017
I did manage to crank out almost 70,000 in a fantasy novel that leaves me pleased. I'll tackle edits in December & January & rewrite what doesn't work after.
In the mean time, on this last day of November, I am fighting a killer cold & just may spend today doing as little as possible.
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
We had a really good day, Chris & I did. We went to Uwharrie National Forest & Morrow Mountain State Park.
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
I have the next 2 days off work so I will attempt again tomorrow.
Sunday, November 12, 2017
Things I am grateful for today:
1. The sunshine. After several days of dreary weather, the past few days of cool, crisp sunshine has been lovely.
2. An hour long conversation with a friend before I had to get ready for work. She and her family are in the process of moving to a new house in the city in which they live so we talked while she was cleaning up the old house.
3. That Chris will be home from his trip sometime tomorrow. I will be glad to see him.
4. a set of books I have been waiting for finally arrived.
5. a slowish night at work
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Monday, November 6, 2017
Sunday, November 5, 2017
Things I am grateful for today :
1. A beautiful fall day. The leaves are turning gold & red & the temperature is pleasant.
2. A good book to dive into after my to do list is done.
3. Having the day of the time change off. This day always messes with me so this year I was smart & scheduled myself to be off.
4. Coping mechanisms that work. Controlled breathing & meditation are both doing good things for me.
5. Being loved.
Saturday, November 4, 2017
On a semi-related note: my closet has never been so organized.
Friday, November 3, 2017
Thursday, November 2, 2017
I've found a new way to procrastinate to avoid writing: It's called Yahtzee with Buddies. I really need to put the phone away and shut off notifications on everything and just write. Let's see how many creative ways I can invent to avoid it this month.
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- blog every day. (This one will be difficult for me because I just plain forget)
- meditate every day
- read at least 1 book a week
- attempt NaNoWriMo (I'm in my 12th year. Some years I finish; some years, I don't)
- exercise at least 3 days a week.
It's been awhile since I have done one of these although my offline gratitude practice remains on point. In no particular order, here ar...